Practical tips for amazing epilation
From special tricks for each part of the body to super smooth skin, the art of epilating has evolved. Are you getting your best performance?
1. Everyone's skin is more relaxed and desensitised when bathed in warm water. That’s exactly why Braun has designed the new Silk-épil 7 Wet & Dry, an epilator that works in your shower or bath, making it the gentlest epilation solution ever.
Using other Silk-épil models you should have a bath or shower first and then ensure your skin is completely dry before you begin epilating.
2. Useful tips for wet epilation
- In the bath: For optimal results, start epilating after relaxing in warm water for about 5 minutes. Hold your leg and epilator fully submerged. Your hairs will lift under water, making them especially easy to grip.
- In the shower: Your skin should really be moist during epilation. For perfect results, you can apply a little shower gel.
3. Useful tips for dry epilation:
- Your skin should be free of oil and entirely dry. Silk-épil 7 has developed special tissues to clean your skin before epilating. They also have a cooling and soothing effect on your skin, making epilation more pleasant and giving you a great beautiful skin sensation.
- Brush across your skin against the direction of skin growth to "lift" the short hairs. This gives the epilator a better grip on them.
4. Run the epilator in an upward motion, against the direction of hair growth. If needed you can also change the epilation direction to ensure an even smoother finish.
5. Epilation novices may find that their skin is slightly reddened after epilating. This is why it is best not to epilate the day you want to spend a big night out, but the evening before. To soothe your skin and create a really sleek, smooth look and feel, apply a body cream or lotion after epilating.
6. Regular use of a massage sponge (e.g. after your shower) or a body peeling will help prevent in-growing of small hairs.